Mittwoch 17.10.2018 22:15 | WWE Mayhem | Hell Teacher Nube
  1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Playback Device Optons

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by telecode101, Jul 12, 2018.

1. telecode101

telecode101 Auditioning

telecode101
    Hi, new member here and my first post.

I am looking at recommendations on a new playback device. The one I have (a Samsung BR Player) has started acting up and I suspect its on its last legs. I have had it for quite some time now so perhaps its time to replace it.

I play a lot of physical media. DVDs and BRs. Lot of Criterion's and lots of menu driving and lots of accessing commentaries e.t..c.

What is the current state of players on the market? I am seeing the usual makers such as Sony, Samsung, Phillips, e.t.c. But I am also seeing the option of getting a gaming device such as Xbox or PS.

I don't actually own a 4K TV as most of the content I watch are older films. I also wouldn't mind to also replace the Roku I have and have it in the same unit, (as it too seems to be on its last legs. nd having it in the same unit).

Are recommendations or a well organized web site that compares players on the market.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Budget?

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. telecode101

telecode101 Auditioning

telecode101
    Hmm. not sure. I guess up to $200 Canadian. But to be honest, I have never owned any high end player components so I am not sure what the benefit is in getting those high end components. I see various Denon and Onyko players in the $500 range. Will the audio be any clearer with them? One of the issues I have found with some newer titles is, I turn up the volume to get clearer dialog and keep turning down volume during special effects and music blasts.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    One thing you should get with a more expensive player is better long-term reliability, compared to something that costs $59.95.

Pioneer and Yamaha are typically regarded to be reliable brands.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt