AnonyTun | Loveyatri PreDvd Hindi 720p x264 AAC - mkvCinemas | play now
  1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Prime Day and competitor's finds 2018

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Sam Posten, Jul 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Message #21 of 31 Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    I didn't buy anything that's in stock today. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that their books promotion ($5 off a $20+ purchase of print books) works on pre-orders too. So I cancelled my standing pre-order of Lethal White ("Robert Galbraith"'s new book coming in September) and immediately reordered it with the coupon. PRIMEBOOKS18 is the code to enter at checkout to activate the discount on any book or combination of books that cost over $20.

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I have seven movies sitting in my cart and I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Part of me says do it and use a GC; the other part says don't because I want a Go Pro Gimble and planned on using the GC's for that...

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Now THAT'S a conundrum.

And the kind of decision I HATE to have to make.

4. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Yeah...I've spent a stupid amount on movies this month... The upside is I get a bunch of GC's fairly regularly from Hatch.

5. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Quite a nice deal and one of the Lightning Deals that seems in danger of selling out well before the deadline

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection The Cocoanuts / Animal Crackers / Monkey Business / Horse Feathers / Duck Soup BLURAY

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHJKAKS $14.99 -- previous best price I can remember was $19 65% Claimed with 4hr 50Minutes left.

6. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Looks like the Marx Brothers set is already gone Dave. It's only available from third party sellers now for $35+.

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I ordered the UHD of The Matrix for $15. The ship date for it is sometime in September or early October, but I can wait. I also ordered a Joby GorillaPod for $9 to use as a compact travel tripod for my Canon M50 mirrorless camera.

I somewhat took advantage of Vudu's $10 "Disc + Digital" sale, getting Game of Thrones Seasons 1, 2 and 4. The other seasons were either out of stock or not on sale. A friend of mine has the BD's of Seasons 1-6 and never claimed the digital codes, so I'm trying to work out a trade for the codes for the other seasons. I am purging a few films from my collection, and he'll be interested in some of them.

iTunes had the bundle of all four Hunger Games films in 4K UHD for $20, so I bought that, too. I am done shopping now. :rolleyes:

Neil Middlemiss and SAhmed like this.
  8. SAhmed

SAhmed Supporting Actor

Shakeel
    I was able to snag up UHDs of "The Matrix" ($14.99) and "Harry Potter 8 Film Collection" ($79.99) this time.

Regards,

9. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    The ET 4k LE was $9.99 so I got that and a few other $14.99 UHD's...

10. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Not too surprising given that 60%+ went in the first 30 minutes or so. So many of their LD have sold 5% in 6-12 hrs so I didn't think it would last too longer. I saw it on the upcomign list at 9am when I first looked, but didn't pay attention to the price until well after it had gone live. I was out so I didn't notice when it sold out, but I doubt it lasted beyond Noon ET

I think I paid $20 for it the first month or two and though that was a steal
    Even though I';ve not bought anything other then my usual Gift Cards, I'm happy Amazon is at least trying with Disc this year unlike the previous Prime Days.

11. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    So...for some reason their system didn't calculate discounts right. I ran the numbers three times on the first order and it turned out wrong. Hit up the chat help and, when we were talking, I did the second order.

That one was a dollar more, and I was gonna call it good. But the rep said that shouldn't happen. Ten minutes later, I have $5 credit for my next purchase...

Guys, double check your invoices.